Musculoskeletal ultrasound examinations and ultrasound-guided interventions are performed or supervised by specialists with many years of experience.
The most frequent indications are
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Tendinosis, tendinitis, enthesitis or tears
- Ganglion cysts
- Other soft tissue pathologies
- SONAR-Score (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Ultrasound-guided injections of peripheral joints
- Ultrasound-guided injections of the spine
- Ultrasound-guided needling of calcifications
Physicians can improve their skills in musculoskeletal ultrasound at the department of Rheumatology at the University Hospital of Zurich.
www.rheuma-schweiz.ch for further information (congress, training, course books or webtools).